Prairie Crossroads Blues Society
PCBS IBC Band Challenge
Neil St. Blues 301 North Neil St. - Champaign 4:00 pm Sunday August 25, 2019
As an affiliate of The Blues Foundation, PCBS is staging our local IBC Band competition. The winning acts will represent PCBS, ICBC (Illinois Central Blues Club) and Decatur Blues Society at the 36th Annual International Blues Challenge, Jan. 28 - Feb. 1, 2020 in Memphis, TN.
NOTE: The International Blues Challenge is a 4-day competition. Participating artists will play at least the first 2 evenings of the competition. The winner of the Band Challenge will receive a $1000 cash prize. The PCBS, ICBC and Decatur Blues Societies will also coordinate a "Memphis Fundraiser" for the winning acts to assist with the cost of traveling to the IBC. The winning artist will be expected to perform at this "Memphis Fundraiser".
PCBS Entry Info
- At least one member must be an Illinois resident
- $25.00 Entry Fee
- The winner will be determined by a panel of impartial judges from the music industry and area Blues Societies
- Judges will use the Scoring Criteria recommended by the Blues Foundation
- Acts should submit a photo and biography, if you can we'd also like some samples of your music
- Acts who have been nominated for a Blues Music Award (BMA) are ineligible.
- Acts are limited to two consecutive appearances at the IBC in Memphis, they then must sit out a year.
- Entry deadline is
August 16, 2019deadline extended
Entries are now open.
Download the PCBS
IBC Challenge entry form here
PCBS Challenge Info
- Acts will play a 25 minute set
- PCBS will provide a drum kit
- PCBS will provide the PA System and sound engineer
- Participating acts can sell their CDs at the event